Friday, July 16, 2010

A Disturbing Call


“NO Frank. Don’t answer the phone! Its her.” shouted Rachel.

“Who? And why are you so nervous?”

“Its that lady; that creepy lady with a falsely cheerful voice. She calls me up everyday and asks for money!”

“Why?? whatever for? Is she trying to blackmail you?”

“I don’t know” wailed Rachel “She has even started to issue death threats. She says I only have to pay as long as I’m alive. Doesn’t that mean once I stop paying, I’m dead?”

“That is indeed disturbing. Before we go to the authorities, tell me exactly what she said on the phone. And I do mean exact words.”

“Don’t pressurize me, Frank. This ain’t no exam for god’s sake!”


“Ok, now I remember” she said a moment later. “She said, 'ma’am, do you want life insurance'?” 

                                                                         ~~X~~

Here's what the common reaction is after hearing the concept of insurance :-  


No comments: